I just know there is a reclusive, artistic goddess living somewhere inside me .... these are my attempts to try and coax her out.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Book of Secrets

I just finished a hand-made journal I'll be using for a Journal Round-robin with the wonderfully talented and always encouraging ladies in the Sketchbook Project yahoo group.

The journal was made using a recycled book technique  I picked up from the Blissfully Art Journaling group.  The outside was altered using the technique Sarah Whitmire teaches in her Joggles Altered Journal  class.  I think she'd be proud .. it's much prettier in person!




The door on the front was inspired by a journal shown on Millande's site. I like her window much better than mine.  I still have a couple days before mine has to be sent off ... so my window may have some evolving yet to do!

It'll be tough to part with it .. but it will be coming back and when it does, it will be filled with wonderful secrets!

12 comments:

  1. Fran
    Your journal looks absolutely fabulous!! I can't wait to see it in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous result. Well worth it after all that work. You certainly went all out to town. You're setting the bar high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh it's beautiful! I can't wait to touch it and feel it's texture. Pretty colors too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful--I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMERS! I promise I won't but it looks good enough to eat! I'm with Sox the bar just went up! Lori from Sketchbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! May the "Book of Secrets" have a safe and artful journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran, I'm so impressed!! this is absolutely beautiful!!! love the texture and the door with the latch! you should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very lovely. Colors and texture are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fran I have done Sarah's class as well so I can just imagine how beautiful it is, love your colours Janet B. (soul journaling)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fran,
    How fun to see your wonderful journal on your blog, and even better that I will get to hold it in my hands one day. It is beautiful. I'm definately going to have to take Sarah's Joggles class.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh....your blog is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fran,
    thanks for visiting. I popped over to check out your lovelies. Really wonderful journal - wish I could touch the texture. I love the hinges and bits of metal.
    To answer you question -the borders ARE as simple as they look - just repetition of shape.

    ReplyDelete