I just know there is a reclusive, artistic goddess living somewhere inside me .... these are my attempts to try and coax her out.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some recent journal pages

Just posting a couple recent Journal pages ...
This was one I created during the Julie Prichard/Chris Cozen Color Beyond the Basics class.  The blue really stands out on the scan, but it is much more muted in real life.  I'm not good enough with photoshop to know exactly what needs adjusting to get it to look like it does in person.

Took me forever to put the yellow roses on it.  I really liked the heart itself and was afraid my first attempt at painted roses would ruin the piece.  But I'm happy with the final result.


To all my homemaking friends, this is not a general commentary on homemakers, but rather came about after one particular friend made a comment that really bothered and stuck with me.  By the way, if you're reading this, you're not that friend.

But once again, it took me forever to add the text.  I made copies and practiced different lettering techniques and placement, but just couldn't bring myself to possibly ruin what I already had completed.  So I opted for text on a separate collage element.  I think you'll be seeing more of this .. journaling is not supposed to be stressful...   



Contemplating the end of a very long friendship and trying to find the line between being a good friend and preserving myself.  I love the image.  When I first saw it months ago, I knew it would eventually end up on a page like this.

 Here are a couple pages I created for a RR journal swap in the Sketchbook Project Yahoo Group.  The theme was Orange and Red.  My pup Baxter made a guest appearance.


4 comments:

  1. Great journal pages--I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your journal pages! Your heart from the Prichard/Cozen class is really pretty and I like your two collage pieces. It is so hard to find the line between being a good friend and preserving yourself. I have a close friend who is very needy-she can be exhausting--I haven't figured out yet how to work this all out--what you wrote on your page really hits home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal pages. I sympathize about the friend situation... sometimes we just have to get rid of the toxic people in our lives. Big hug.

    I gave you a blog award because I love reading your blog. See my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran,
    I didn't realize I was doubling the Kreativ Blogger Award but you certainly deserve it again. Congratulations.
    Rita
    www.tatteredpast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete