I just know there is a reclusive, artistic goddess living somewhere inside me .... these are my attempts to try and coax her out.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Forever Dusk and Day 6 of 30 in 30

This card is a wonderful reminder of my poor communication skills :-) .. and my niece Willow.  We were driving in the car when Willow was just 5 or 6.  It was approaching dusk and I had commented on how much I liked that time of day.  Not being familiar with the term, Willow asked me what 'dusk' was.  I tried to explain, but knew I was doing a poor job as the words were leaving my mouth, but she seemed satisfied.

It wasn't until weeks later when we were once again in the car and she exclaimed ... "Look .. there's Dusk!" that I realized I had somehow given her the mistaken impression that Dusk was what you called the Moon when it came up while it was still light outside!  I thought it was the cutest thing ever! 

Willow is older now and understands the concept of dusk ... however, every time I see the moon rising in the day-lit sky, I will forever think of  "Dusk" .... and Willow.

No comments:

Post a Comment