I just know there is a reclusive, artistic goddess living somewhere inside me .... these are my attempts to try and coax her out.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Found Object Journal Pages

I am always finding inspiration in the little treasures I find lying all over the place. I often come home with a pocket full of little trinkets that I swear I'm going to use in something, some day. But most often, they remain unused, stashed away in a box for safe-keeping. I never know exactly what to do with them and the task becomes too daunting. So in an attempt to put some of these treasures to good use and just do something, I started creating journal pages using all my great finds. Sometimes the page is just about the treasure itself. Other times, they're added as triggers for the memories that surrounded their discovery.

This was my first found object page and it all started with a small scrap of paper I found when I went up to the top of my driveway to retrieve my trash can after our weekly pickup. This scrap had escaped someone's trash can and made it's way over to my drive. You can read just enough of the scrap for it to intriegue you. The other items were found throughout the rest of the day ..

No comments:

Post a Comment