I just know there is a reclusive, artistic goddess living somewhere inside me .... these are my attempts to try and coax her out.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Soul Journal to date ...

The following pages were created using Sarah Whitmire's Soul Journaling prompts ..

The Journey begins ..

Claiming my Journal:



Soul Journal Page 1 ... I didn't like this page at first ... it was too contrived and elementary looking. I tried sanding it down and loved the finished results. It looks like grafitti and the page feels like soft leather!

Soul Armor:

Soul Journal Page 2 - I used tape transfer onto foil to create my armor. That's even me inside!

Inchies:

Soul Journal Page 3 - this one was a fun page to do!

Taped Pages:


Soul Journal Page 4 - Both of these pages were an exercise in just letting thing be! I didn't like either of them when I first painted them and actually took the paint off the darker one a couple times before just letting them be. Once they dried .. I really liked both of them!


My House:


I'm not much of for drawing .. I don't see the world in a basic enough way to break down the individual shapes that make up the whole. But I had fun using collage to make the tree and some of the other elements.

Collage Potpourri #1:


These pages were fun, but I'm not too excited about the actual results.


Collage Potpourri #2:


These pages were a lot more fun .. my 7 year old niece, Willow, was visiting me and she loves to do artistic stuff. We each took a page and did the same prompts. She had her own artistic vision and never copied me once. As a matter of fact, I copied her after I liked the way the golden wash looked on her page! We had a great time doing it together and it will be a wonderful memory. Unfortunately, they're getting ready to move all the way across the country next week .. :-<

No comments:

Post a Comment