It seems like it has been so long since I've had time to really dedicate myself to being creative. I had a wonderful, busy summer with two big vacations! I can't remember the last time I had a real vacation .. so I'm making up for lost time.
My first vacation was a trip to the east coast to visit some family and the East Coast! It was wonderful to see all the lush green goodness that you don't see in Arizona.
 |
| Erwin View along the Blue Ridge Parkway |
The second trip was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to accompany a friend as he set out on an adventure in Sri Lanka!
 |
| Lunch with the Elephants |
I absolutely loved the MONKEYS!! Everyone says they get a bit pesky after awhile, but I guess I wasn't there long enough for that.
 |
| Momma and Baby |
 |
It was very hot!
The monkeys weren't the only ones who were thirsty! |
 |
| The first thing you need to know about Sri Lanka is that any place worth seeing will be at the top of a mountain and at the end of a gazillion stairs! Good thing I hike a lot! |
We visited many historic sites and climbed a lot of stairs. The history in Sri Lanka is amazing.
 |
| This is a section of ancient plaster. I definitely want their recipe! This plaster has exposed to the elements for centuries and is still hanging on! |
The Dambulla Cave Temples were my absolute favorite! The temple complex consists of five separate temples which are built into the cave and protected by the beautiful white portico on the front.
Every surface inside the caves is painted in beautiful, colorful patterns. It was breathtaking. I wish my photography was a little better .. but then I would have spent days taking pictures and there was so much more to see in Sri Lanka!
 |
| The Sleeping Buddha |
 |
| The people of Sri Lanka were wonderful, friendly and so welcoming. |
 |
The children were especially friendly with the ulterior motive of practicing their English.
We were happy to oblige. |
No comments:
Post a Comment