I've been shifting a huge box of old denim jeans around for the past few years. I just hated to throw it out because .. you know .. someday I'm gonna find a use for them!
Well .. "someday" finally came when I downloaded the free Cloth Paper Scissors e-book, 6 Easy Gifts to Make. There was a tutorial by Melony Bradley for Gifting Pockets. I was off and running!

This one, Blossom, is my favorite! I used circles of denim for the flowers and the seams for the stems. I added a ribbon trim, secured with some pink beads. I finished it off with a twisted wire handle.

However, I did do this the hard way. I re-read the instructions after completing a couple and realized that Melony actually cut off the back off the pocket before doing her sewing. Then she added new fabric to the back to cover her stitching and recreate the pocket. I'll be sure to try that next time. It was a little tricky to stitch through the thick fabric while trying to squeeze my hand inside the pocket!
Well .. "someday" finally came when I downloaded the free Cloth Paper Scissors e-book, 6 Easy Gifts to Make. There was a tutorial by Melony Bradley for Gifting Pockets. I was off and running!
This one, Blossom, is my favorite! I used circles of denim for the flowers and the seams for the stems. I added a ribbon trim, secured with some pink beads. I finished it off with a twisted wire handle.
However, I did do this the hard way. I re-read the instructions after completing a couple and realized that Melony actually cut off the back off the pocket before doing her sewing. Then she added new fabric to the back to cover her stitching and recreate the pocket. I'll be sure to try that next time. It was a little tricky to stitch through the thick fabric while trying to squeeze my hand inside the pocket!
Follow your Heart |
Another Winged Heart |
![]() |
I blatently copied this snowman idea from the sample in the ebook. |
I've got plenty of denim left over! NEXT ....





No comments:
Post a Comment